Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Pilot Blog


Hmm, what to say in my first blog entry. The past few weeks have been a slight whirlwind to say the least. Chris and I decided it was time to expand our family in August. Not trying "per say" just not preventing, you know, that whole line. We had been thinking about it since last year, but I just hadn't felt settled enough. Well, 1 car and 1 new house later, I'm finally feeling significantly settled. We both decided it was time to take the plunge and just accept what the Lord sends our way.

Almost as soon as we started trying I was sure I was preggo. Chris was like, "oh for goodness sake, it hasn't even been a month yet." However, for some reason I had a gut feeling. At the end of August I decided to just take a pregnancy test for the heck of it. I had one in the closet that was just staring at me, I figured it couldn't hurt. Only one line showed up: not pregnant. Shoot, I had been so sure for some reason. Oh well, I figured we'd only been trying a month.

Well, first week in September I was officially "late". It had been a week since the last test, I thought ehh maybe I should take another one. I asked Chris and he just rolled his eyes and said okay. He knows how much I love to pee on those sticks. I did have a test handy, but it wasn't a digital one, it was one with the pink lines. I took the test and BAM, 2 pink lines popped up right away! I just sat there staring it at for about 10 minutes as it just got darker, and darker, and darker yet. I was SO excited and shocked. It had happened so fast. I ran back into our bedroom and shoved the pee stick in Chris's face. He just looked at me, then looked at the test, then looked back at me. He kept asking me if 2 lines meant pregnant, or not pregnant (even though it clearly states right on the test that 2 lines = pregnant).

So we both just sat there for awhile. I was like what should we do now? My first thought was that I needed to go to the store and get organic shampoo. For some reason I had read somewhere that shampoo is absorbed into the scalp, and I didn't want my little nudger getting any bad chemicals. After much debate, we decided it was necessary to go to walmart and get another couple tests (you know, just to be sure), organic shampoo, milk, and steak for supper. Chris thought I needed to start eating more meat and I thought I needed to drink some milk. It sounded like the practical thing to do.

A couple tests later with two more digital positives, we were pretty sure we conceived right off the bat. Man, I really wanted to shout it from the rooftops. However, it still is pretty early, and we decided to wait till we see a doctor. In the meantime I am here eating plenty of steak. Chris and I decided that a blog would be a good way to document what is happening/going to happen along this journey. I am already having short term memory loss, whether it is from the little one or not, I figure I'm going to need all the help I can get to keep track of all these shenanigans.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...