Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Chris's Pilot Blog

Blogging.......Hmmm. For the past year of my life all I have heard my wife talk about or show me on the Internet are the fifty million sites/ blogs that she is obsessed with. Right now on the bookmarks section of our computer Marcie has twenty blogs that she checks and stays up with regularly. I had no idea what a blogging-sick-a-fant my wife was.

Since we found out the big news about our little nudger Marcie presented the idea of starting our own blog. I thought it was an excellent idea to document what we are currently going through and the craziness of our lives. I also thought it would be an excellent place for me to talk about all the new things I will be learning along the way of Marcie's pregnancy. Marcie and I both figured she would cover her perspective and I would cover mine.

Most of Marcie's friends already have children, are pregnant, or are trying to become pregnant. Most of my friends are single, married with no kids, or are trying to get pregnant. Marcie has a lot of people she can talk to and get information from. I, unfortunately, am learning as I go. So I can only image the lack of knowledge I have on this entire situation. Plus I am a male.

The first morning after Marcie and I found that she was pregnant I was already given a term I had no clue of. Marcie asked if I would be interested in taking Bradley Classes. I asked if she wanted to take them with me to which she laughed and said of course. I had no idea what I had just signed up for. I wasn't sure if a Bradley Class was some kind of small town high school thing that me, the city slicker wouldn't have taken because of my large high school.

I then thought that couldn't have been it. Maybe a Bradley Class was something I missed out on in college. Nope not it either. I come to find out that a Bradley Class is some type of pregnancy class that encourages natural child birth. Next question isn't all child birth natural. How could it be unnatural? I hope I am not offending anyone but these are the ridiculous questions that flood my mind and probably millions of other newly expecting fathers.

Next order of business Marcie informs me about the differences between a natural birth and the medicated births that occur. After being flooded with all of this new birthing information I informed Marcie that it would be good to take the Bradley Class and any other classes I could in order to prepare myself.

I'm sure I will not blog nearly as much as Marcie, one because Marcie is a better "blogger" and two because my blogs are ridiculous. In the mean time I leave you all with this: Marcie and I found this when we were trying to find out the correct spelling of the word shenanigan. Click on the sound picture and a little computer man says "shenanigan." I thought it was hilarious.

The web site is:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/shenanigans

3 comments:

  1. ohh my goodness!! Marcie...does he have a brother? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait, this is Ashley, not Shalee...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha ashley :) Actually he does have a brother Travis, who is single and a year older then you, hmmmm :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...