Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Baby Fever

Last week our besties Jake and Christy were blessed with the appearance of their little gum-drop Silas Jacob! You would have thought when I got that text message from Christy early Wednesday morning that I had gone into labor myself :) I was kind of dozing in bed, and as soon as I read that text that she was in the hospital I jumped out of bed and was wide awake. It was kind of funny actually because since I couldn't sleep I think I kind of went in to nesting mode, haha! It was about 7:30 am and I decided to go on a baking binge, and started whipping out fresh bread and oatmeal cookies. Chris came down stairs and he was like what the heck are you doing? I really didn't know why, but baking seemed like a good idea. So I continued to bake the rest of the morning (with my glorious kitchenaid I might add). But then by about 1pm I ran out of energy. I figured she must have had the baby by then!?! So I decided to go for a walk to kill more time. Then by about 5 pm I was thinking she must have had the baby by now! lol. I was so anxious, Chris kept telling me to calm down. We decided to go out to eat that night with the Gilsons, and then at supper I got the long awaited call! Baby Silas had arrived, everyone was healthy. I could not have been happier :) Chris and I both had the next day off and decided to make a quick trip to DM to visit. Of course when I saw the little peanut I got all emotional. He was just darling! I kept looking at Chris saying, "This is going to be us in like a month! Holy Cow!" So of course we got some good pics with the little fellow. I am so happy for Christy and Jake, they were both beaming with pride, it was seriously the cutest thing ever. And if it's even possible, now I'm a billion times more excited to see our own little nudger!!!





Another reason I was dying to make a quick trip out to DM was to see my cousin Rohana, her husband Derrick and new baby Dominic. After leaving the hospital we were able to stop by their apartment for a visit. I finally got to meet precious little Dom and he was just as sweet as I knew he would be :) He is already four months old! It was crazy to see him after seeing Jake and Christy's new baby, because they really grow up crazy fast in just four months! Dominic was smiling, holding his head up, and laughing, he is just at an adorable age. It was so good to catch up with Rohana and Derrick, thanks for supper guys :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that Christy JUST gave birth; good lord, she looks fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...