Thursday, November 12, 2009

trick or treat

A couple weeks ago Chris and I were talking about Halloween and I mentioned the fact that I had never carved a pumpkin before. Actually, I've never been trick or treating either. When I was growing up we usually went to church on Halloween night for a "fall party". He was quite shocked about this fact and decided that this year we were going to carve some pumpkins up. We talked to our friends Missy and Kevin and of course they wanted in on the carving action. We had originally planned to go to Bloomsberry Farm and pick out our own pumpkins. However, it was two days before Halloween and that plan fell through. So we decided to try Hyvee instead. Well, needless to say Hyvee had quite a dismal supply of picked over rotten pumpkins left. We then tried Wally world and hit a jackpot of glorious pumpkins, and they were cheap too :)

Here's Missy and Kev washing their pumpkins. Even though Walmart is cheap, the pumps were a little dirty.


Miss and I carving our Hawkeye pumpkins, it took some time and patience, but it was worth it for the hawks!



This is a Chris and Kevin photoshoot. #1 They carved their pumpkins in no time flat so they started making faces imitating the pumpkin skowls.


#2 They decided it would be a good idea to act like the pumpkins were their faces. Both deep in thought :)


#3 Chris is scolding Kevin for his lack of expression when we told him about Nudger!




The final product!

They turned out good and it was pretty fun to get your hands down in all that pumpkin goop. I think I'm a little addicted actually, and will be repeating this event again next year.

2 comments:

  1. In regards to your comment, I checked my followers and it says that you are one of my followers so it must've worked. I'll have to check it out some more though. That's really weird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay! Sounds good! :) Now we can follow each others! yeah for blogging!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...