Wednesday, November 4, 2009

growing babies is hard work...

Well Hello everyone. I have not posted in a long time and I have heard about it. This blog is exactly like a journal I have decided. When I started it I had all sorts of grand ideas of how I would update it every couple of days......well that hasn't happened. Life has gotten in the way of blogging. Since my last blog so much has happened. Where to Start ???
Marcie continues to say her belly is getting bigger and continues to be sick almost every night at 6 pm. When we go to the store poor Marcie looks at food and gets sick. When we drive past fast food restaurants the smell and sight of them make her sick. Marcie also doesn't have very much energy right now. Little nudger is wearing her out with all the growing inside of her. Some evidence below:

All this makes the pregnancy very real to her. Don't get me wrong the pregnancy is very real to me also but it also seems like a dream. You wanna know what makes the pregnancy real to me and other guys? Hearing little nudger's heart beat. There aren't many words that describe how exciting it is to hear that little heart beat. To me it sounded like a crazy little helicopter in Marcie's belly. During that whole doctor's visit I tried staying out of the Doctor and Nurse's way while they examined Marcie. It was very awkward. I wasn't sure where to stand or where to look when they examined certain places on Marcie. Thank God for the show Friends. When Ross gets Rachel pregnant and they go see the Doctor, all Rachel keeps saying to Ross is stand next to my head, and that my friends is exactly where I stood, next to Marcie's head.
Also a new development for me, at least, as been buying stuff for nudger. I'm not sure if you have seen all the cool stuff out there for babies and parents but there is a bunch of it. One current item that we have just purchased (thank you Nebraska Furniture Mart) is a glider. Now at mere mention of a glider you might think of one of those chairs with the ottomans you might buy at walmart. Nothing but the best for my little nudger. Our glider friends could pown one of those gliders (Pown - is a word I have picked up from Brylee Miller. It means to own something. Video game nerds use it a lot. Word of the day). Anyways, our glider rocks, reclines, turns 360 degrees, and of course glides. It brings a tear to my eyes just talking about the awesomeness of it.

Well in other news I would just like to report my fantasy football league team has just taken the lead in my division. We are off to a 7-1 start. Also almost all of our family and friends know about nudger. Next post, which I will make no promises but hopefully will be up soon, will contain pictures and videos of Marcie and I telling everyone. In the meantime I leave you all with this...

That is the daddy to nudger.....hopefully nudger looks like his mother.
Thanks everyone for reading and please continue doing so.

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you guys! With my first, I was also sick at night. Hope this part passes quickly for both your sakes. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    PS: My video game nerd friends say that it's written *pwn*--as a sound. Who knows. I'm always behind on these things.

    Grow Nudger, Grow!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...