Sunday, October 9, 2011

Change

My only excuse for my lack of blogging is that there have been a lot of changes around these parts the last few months.
1. Starting back in July, (holy smokes, I can't believe that is the last time I blogged) sister got engaged! It was such an exciting night! We were at my parents house and her boyfran just popped the question. It was so sweet, he put it in a fortune cookie and we all had no idea what was coming. It was great. So we have been doing some mad wedding planning. I am not going to lie, I love weddings, and have been living vicariously through her as I have been helping her plan her big day :) I got some really sweet pics of sister and her love the night they got engaged.



2. We did corn. Alot of it. Which took some time away from the blog :)



3. Hunky Husby power washed everything in sight, and I painted the entryway of our house.


4. Homegirl snapped some beans.


5. Then she turned 15 months old!


6. I turned 26. No big deal.


7. In September we took a little road trip to Omaha to see family. It was great to see everyone and catch up! We hit up a park for tootsie of course. Went to the zoo. And tried to relax. It was so fun, but for some reason I got a cold right before we left, this put a little damper on my trip because I was so congested the whole time. Tootsie was not a fan of taking naps on this trip, so by the time we got around to the zoo she only wanted to be held, by mama. And I'm pretty sure she pulled my shoulder out of socket, whilst walking around the gi-huge zoo. Anyway, despite my shoulder joint and stuffy nose, it really was a good trip!





8. In August I found out I have Celiac disease. Which explains why I have felt so crummy for such a long time. My symptoms got especially worse last year after delivering Vivian. It was a little devastating at first, but now I feel so much better after adjusting my diet the past few months that it has been worth it! It is really crazy how much better I feel with dietary changes. I have a thousand times more energy then I did before, and my tummy is so MUCH better. PTL. However, it has taken a lot of time learning how to cook and shop differently.

9. Tootsie turned 16 months old!


10. We have been doing well, just generally going for lots of walks outside. Going to the park alot, and enjoying the weather.


11. One other big change was a job transfer for me! I switched departments at work and left my weekend option position. I had been doing weekends for close to 4 years and it was a good time for a change. I was nervous about it, but the doors all opened, and I felt like it was the right thing to do. And I have to say that after having the last two weekends off, it has been amazing to go to church as a family and spend Sunday's together.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It was an eventful few months for you. Sounds like life is good :)

    I didn't know you were diagnosed with Celiac's. I have a good friend who was diagnosed a few years back and it was alot of work to adjust her eating and entertaining. I know you must feel amazing with the changes. I will keep you mind if I come across good recipes that are gluten free.

    Keep posting...I love reading!
    Love you bunches cuz! ♥
    Krista (not sure why my google acct is not bringing up my profile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great recap! I can't wait to read more. . .

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...