Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A new kind of normal

Thank goodness that things are finally starting to get back to somewhat normal around our house. Well, it's definitely a new kind of normal that's for sure, but nevertheless, normal. Thankfully, I started to feel better last week. Apparently after the pregnancy I developed a stomach ulcer that was causing all of the nausea. After we figured out what the problem was it has greatly improved! And just in the nick of time. I have to go back to work this coming weekend, so I am so grateful to be feeling better for at least 2 weeks before I have to go back. Viv is doing wonderful. She still eats about 6-7 times a day, and usually only once during the night. It is obviously a huge adjustment to have a baby, and I have to say I love our "new normal".

Last weekend we had Vivian's baptism and it was just the sweetest thing ever. During the service she looked right up at the pastor and was so alert, like she knew exactly what he was saying. And what a good reminder for all of us that baptism is a sign of God's unfailing love for us, and that it opens the door to new life in Jesus Christ. The service really opened my eyes to the huge responsibility that Chris and I have to train Vivian up in the ways of Christ. After church we really had quite the celebration with both of our families. We had a delicious meal of roast, mashed potatoes, carrots, slaw, green bean casserole (my favorite!), and cake and icecream! My mom was a huge help with making the food and cake! We really had a great weekend with the fam. They adore Viv and it is so sweet to see that she will be so loved and supported by so many people. Here are a few pics from the weekend.

My sweet babe and I

A family pic

"So if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation: everything old has passed away; see everything has become new!" 2 Cor 5:17


1 comment:

  1. Viv is so sweet Chel! She has already changed so much. So glad to hear you are feeling better, and I LOVE that family pic -- it's just perfect :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...