Friday, March 12, 2010

Nudger's Nursery

I know these pics have been a long time coming, but I finally found the time to sit down and blog about them. The nursery has really came together quite nicely if I do say so myself. There were a few set-backs here and there, but overall it worked out in the end. Chris and I started out with the painting back in December. Although Chris wasn't convinced about having an orange wall I persuaded him. I figured with all of the white furniture and three other white walls it would balance out the orange. The orange wall turned out fine, but if you don't remember from my previous posts, I had to go back and re-paint the white walls. They just weren't white enough and I was worried they would clash with the furniture. The new white walls are much better. After the painting we started collecting furniture. We had already purchased the glider last fall, and the crib was set up as well. We ended up painting this old shelf I found at my parents house white and putting it under the window for some extra storage. We also added in another rocking chair. This was also donated by my mom for her "grandma bedroom". But I thought it would be nice to have two chairs in the nursery.

I also decided to use this little stand that we had been using as a tv stand, and change it into a changing table. So, that too got a coat of white paint and a bit of a makeover. I snatched this little stand out of a junk shop for twenty bucks a couple years ago.
Here it is before:
And After:

After we had all the furniture in the room it was time for the decals to go up :) Actually thanks to Chris the process was really pretty painless. It took a couple hours, but once we got the hang of it, it really wasn't bad. The hardest part was getting all of the branches level. I ended up cutting out all of the pieces and putting them in order while Chris applied them to the wall.

The end product was definitely worth the work. So, here are some pics of the completed room. I love the orange wall!


I found a little bird mobile online, so we added that into the mix.

A few minor details:


Whew, so thats pretty much the jist of it all. Let me know what you think?!?

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! This is a one-of-a-kind nursery! I love the decals! Those definitely require some major effort to put up just so. I love the made over changing table.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...