Monday, February 15, 2010

I'm in L.O.V.E.

Well, lets just say I'm in love with my Mixer and my Man :) They kind of go together actually, let me explain. I have been lusting after the Artisan KitchenAid Mixer for about a billion years. I know, your probably thinking could she be more 50's housewife with all this cooking and sewing. But I'm not kidding I really, really, really wanted a new mixer. I've been using this junky-five dollar hand mixer from Walmart for about 4 years and could hardly stand it anymore. Every time I would make a cake or cookies, or anything really I would get so pissed. Flour would fly all over and it really did not do a good job. Now, Chris has told me a million times just go buy a new mixer, but every time I would look at them I'd feel too guilty and back out. Finally, last week we were shopping around and Chris says, "Why don't we just get you a Kitchenaid!!" So we went over and looked at them, of course I've known exactly which one I've wanted forever. So I read the box again and again. It was on sale and had a pretty good rebate as well. I was two seconds away from backing out again, when Chris being the good DH he is says, "We're getting it, you don't have a choice." So I was like, "Well when you put it like that I don't really have much of a choice." :) So WE GOT IT!!! Let me tell you it was like Christmas on a random, February, Wednesday. So, here she is, in all her glory on my counter. Could I be, anymore excited? I think not.

Let me tell you though, this did come at a bit of a price. I'm pretty sure that I'm obligated to make Chris cookies every week for the next year. Last week I made peanut butter, and they were de-lish. This mixer is smooth as butter (pun intended). Also, I can buy attachments for it and make icecream or pasta too! Okay, as if this wasn't enough, Chris stopped by Sunday morning before I had to leave for work at 0630, with some fresh valentine's day tulips :) Swoon. I'm not much of a rose girl, so these were perfect. Love.

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel, except my swooning was for a Bosch mixer. I feel like I'm drooling every time I'm mixing. Gross, but true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SWEET!
    I feel you on the mixer thing. I had a nice-ish one for years, then I burned out the motor and now I'm using a dud! I want that kitchenaid too! Still waiting for that "no choice" moment. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...