Monday, December 28, 2009

21 Weeks

Baby is 21 weeks old today, which means we are past the half way point of 20 weeks! So far so good. We went for an ultrasound at 18 weeks which was so amazing. The heart rate was skipping along at 143 beats per minute. We got to see the arms,legs,feet, face, kidneys, and heart. And no, we didn't find out the sex. Everyone keeps asking, but we like the suspense people. Actually the baby had its legs crossed in a very polite fashion, so I don't think we would have been able to tell even if we wanted too. Chris is still hanging on to his vote of girl (especially since the legs were crossed, he thinks it was a sign :) and I still think boy. But according to our poll on here I'm beating Chris with 19 boy votes, and only 17 girl votes! Holler.
Here's a pic of little nudger, seriously, could he/she be any cuter? I don't think so.

I've been feeling great and loving the second trimester. I finally have an appetite back and could eat Mexican food every day if I was given the opportunity. I don't know for sure if this is a pregnancy craving, because I crave chips and salsa when I'm not pregnant so who knows. Otherwise then that I haven't really had any cravings. I did finally break in and switch to maternity pants. Holy smokes are they ever comfortable! I don't think I'll ever go back to regular jeans, seriously, its like wearing sweat pants that look like regular pants. Love it. The belly is slowly growing. Most people still can't tell I'm pregnant...which is weird because its so obvious to me of course. Maybe they just think I'm carrying around a bunch of holiday weight?! Here I am at 20 Weeks, the belly is here to stay, and I definitely cannot suck it in anymore :)
Chris and I have been working on the nursery. Last week we threw some paint up, that I think is just "ok". One accent wall is orange, and the other three are white. I love the orange, but the white is not doing it for me. So I think I'm going to have to whip out the ole brush again this week and make it a whiter, white. Hopefully we will get more done this week and then I can put up some pics of how its looking. Our next purchase is going to be the crib and I just can't wait. I've picked out the one I want, now just have to order it and put it together.

5 comments:

  1. How exciting!!! You are looking SUPER cute!!! I am so excited for you both! This is going to be sooo fun! My guess is Girl. :) But I have been wrong on the past 3 pregnancies of my friends. :) SO.... We shall see!

    So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh!!! Sooooo cute!! =) Hope we get to see you guys later this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute, Marc! You are just the cutest pregnant woman ever. Your comment about making it a whiter, white made me laugh--that sounds like me. If I said that to Kevin, he would roll his eyes and say, "White is white." But I know what you mean! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Beka! We'll just have to see what little nudger is. I so strongly feel boy that I'm going to be surprised when it turns out to be a girl, but of course it would be a great surprise :)
    Em, I'm so glad you understand what I mean about whiter, white! I wanted it to be soft, but its just to creamy and its driving me crazy! I'm going out to buy new paint today. I might be obsessing a tad, but I just want it to be perfect!!! Okay, I'm definitely obsessing, who am I kidding ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a precious profile! I think I'm gonna guess a girl, based on the heart rate. Don't know if that's a good judge or not, but that was about Elyssa's rate and Aidan's was higher. We'll see if it works!

    And you, you look adorable with your little bump! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...