Friday, May 14, 2010

40 weeks and 5 days

Well, I'm officially overdue. Now, for all you antsy-pantsy's out there I'm only 5 days past my due date (which is just an estimate anyway). Don't get me wrong I am definitely ready to see this baby, but he or she will come when they are ready too and not a minute sooner. I went in for another appointment today and everything is still fine. Dr said he will let me go until next week before we will have to induce. So I go back on Tuesday for another check and we'll go from there. Since I am past my due date, today we did have a non-stress test and ultrasound. Both were perfectly normal. There is still plenty of amniotic fluid in there and babies heart rate was great. It was kind of fun actually because we've only had one other ultrasound so it was so crazy to see how much baby has changed from 18 weeks! He/she was rolling around in there and we got to see the face really well. Obviously I am already partial, but baby just had the cutest little face! The chin looks just like Chris's chin, and the baby was sticking its tongue out. I can't wait to see it in person, oh and also he/she has a lot of hair, we could see it on the ultrasound :)

So anyway, that is the update for now. I have been having quite a few braxton-hicks contractions, and last night they were going pretty strong but then died down. So it was just another false labor tease. I am going to work this weekend so maybe being on my feet for a couple 12 hour days will help... Keep your fingers crossed, and I will try to keep this old blog updated more frequently. There just really hasn't been a whole lot to say in the past couple weeks, just waiting...

(Of course Mitzy is anxiously waiting too, and has been a great walking companion for me the past couple weeks :)

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Marcie! I am so impressed at your determination and patience to wait. I think it's so good for you and baby! Hang in there, hopefully he/she comes soon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...