Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Best Sound in the World!

Yesterday was our 12 week appointment and it was great! I was a little nervous at first because we actually hadn't met the Dr. yet, just his nurse at our last visit. I obviously knew who he was though because I've met him in the hospital before, and he was super nice, which is why I decided to go with him in the first place. Sure enough, he did not disappoint. Dr. Fox is now Chris and my favorite person. 1. Because he is super nice and talkative. 2. Because he is the amazing person who doppled Nudger's heartbeat. 3. Chris likes him because he is a huskers fan (Even though I wouldn't be admitting that to anyone right now).

Anyway, when we first went in the nurse tried to find the heartbeat. She was not having much luck because my stomach was growling and rumbling, and it kept picking up my own heartbeat. Finally, after trying for a couple minutes, she was like I'll just let the Dr. try. I thought that I would be nervous if that happened and they couldn't find it right away. However, I really wasn't because I've been so queasy lately that I know that something is going on in there. So then a couple minutes later Dr. Fox came in and tried and got it right away. 173 beats/min :) It was glorious! It was so fast like a little helicopter. I didn't start crying when I heard it, but when the nurse first brought the doppler into the room and I saw her holding it I teared up then, just seeing the doppler, haha :)

So that was pretty much the extent of the visit. I now get to visit Dr. Fox and his crew every month. The Dr. said everything looked fine and was happy with the heartbeat. So that is good enough for me. Now if this darn evening sicking would let up a little bit. However, the Dr. said that he liked it if I was "a little sick" :) So I guess I'll take it for awhile. I really do fine all day, then bam, 6pm and I definitely can not eat any supper. Poor Chris keeps trying to make me food and I reject it every time. Its good food too! Last night he made me chicken noodle. It was about 8pm, I had one spoonful. Sorry babe, its not you, its me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...